can anyone help or relate..anything, plz!!urgent..

i have had contractions since 16 weeks got put on nifedipine at 24 weeks and my contractions have been gettin more and more stronger, like for 3 days now its definately more in my back(i had back labor with my other two kids) more intense too and theres more tightening and im at 29 weeks now, and my dishcharge has increasd alot more too.. how long can this keep going? im on strict bedrest and absolute pelvix rest, ive also been alot more irritable and had this absurd urge to clean out all the rooms today which my df yelled at me for but i couldnt help it..do u think im just gettin closer to going into full blown labor?i also have too much amniotic fluid which we think could be the cause of my preterm issues since i had my last baby 1 yr befor i got pregnant again and he had it too..with him it prevented me from ever going into labor..my boys are opposites..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your Doctor or go to the ER, too much amniotic fluid can cause preterm labor or your uterus to rupture....I dont want to scare you but this is something your Dr should know.
    Anonymous

• if you are strict bed rest you really need to abide by it. I am on it too it sucks I know. My sister is an OB nurse and you think at home bed rest is bad you don't want to be on it in the hospital. Call your dr she will probably want you to go into the hospital and be monitored just in case. This is to see if you are going into active labor the they do as much to keep the baby as healthy as possible.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• so then it is something saying its gettin more serious then it already was? they dont have an answering service at all they have u go straight to the hospital...im sooooo sick of that place plz dont give me crap about saying that..but thanx.
    Anonymous

• Why even bother asking a question if you are only gonna be bitchy about the responces, its your life and your baby, at 29 weeks the babys lungs are not fully developed yet, avoiding going into labor is what everyone whats bc thats is whats best for the baby...
    Anonymous

• um maybe u need to learn to read better , i wasnt at all being bitchy i just said i was tired of the hospital and i didnt want ppl saying what a bad person i was for thinking that.you dont need to be bitchy, i want to ask opinions and see if someone else has gone through it..
    Anonymous

• Honestly hon I would go get checked... you don't want to end up going to the hospital when it's too late to do something about it and high fluid is something that should be watched and you're only 29 wks having the baby now isn't good and it sounds like preterm labor. best of luck to you keep us posted!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 6:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ok let me refrase my answer. I am going through it, in fact I am on the same meds you are on. If you have not gone to the hospital yet and are still contracting, you probably should go. It is a matter of your babys health and development. They can stop the labor and/or give you things to help the babys lungs develop faster, if they have not already.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009