Do you think cheap 1$ pregnancy tests are accurate?

Cheap tests like the ones found in the dollar tree stores, or save a lot stores are great if your looking for an inexpensive test. But do you think the price reflects the quality of the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know of lots of moms who they have worked for.
    They just might not pick up on pregnancy as soon as a more expensive one.
    Anonymous

• to tel you the truth i bet you that more than half the women on here have used them. there just fine. althought you might have to take it apart to see the line if indeed it is a positive and dont read it after the time window. but yes they r reliable. irather us than then the brand of ept. use a pink dye test not blue
    jamerz89

Answer by jamerz89 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I don't trust any test that cost a dollar it's to find out if i have a human in my belly. Think about it, Wanted or not spend the $8-$15 to find out for sure.
    Anonymous

• expensive ones arent always right, with my son , i used ones that cost $15 each and it didnt pick it up for 3 months, i had to get a blood test done......
    Anonymous

• I know there accurate. I found out that I was pregnant with my youngest daughter witha dollar pregnancy test from the 99 cent store and I tested the day I was suppose to get my period. My last pregnancy I also used a 99 cent store pregnancy test and it came back positive 3 days after my period was due and I was pregnant with twins, so yes they are accurate and I saved alot of money. I've also told alot of my friends and other people and they've used it and have gotten a result wheater positive or negative but definetly accurate.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My dr says one of the most sensitive tests on the market is the Walmart Equate test. But, it is a little more than $1.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I used Dollar General tests, and they were all VERY accurate, the day I missed my period. I took one of those EPT tests, two weeks after I missed my period, and it said I wasn't pregnant.

I'll stick with the dollar tests. Heck, 3 of mine still have the result, lol. I saved them. :P
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 6:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yep... I got my first positive pregnancy test result from a dollar store test. It showed positive within 15 seconds, and because it said wait 3 minutes... my dumb butt waited, thinking one line would go away! LOL Can we say "unplanned pregnancy DENIAL"?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ditto, brandyj. lol!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 6:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yep! got my bfp the day my period was due. if you go onto peeonastick.com, you can see the levels that different tests, test at. the dollar store ones test at a lower level than some of the expensive digital ones... thus giving you results sooner. i wish i had known about dollar store tests years ago....
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009