I Got an Abnormal Ultra Sound in 1st Trimester. This Happen to Anyone Else?

My dr. first saw a strange mass in my uterus (not a part of the baby) at 7 weeks. She did another ultra sound this past week at 11 weeks. She doesn't know what it is. She thinks it appears to be the same texture as my placenta. She said it may be on the umbilical cord. If it's on the cord, it's where the cord connects to the placenta and not by the baby. The baby is growing and developing at the right pace. We saw two arms, two legs, and a profile. The baby was moving a lot. My dr. said we need to assess whether or not there may be anomalies with the baby.

I have a sonogram next week. If we don't get good news, my dr is referring me to a specialist in the city.

Has anyone had anything that sounds like this at all?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 6:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, I had that happen at 17 weeks, I had an abrupt placenta..... Dont worry until you know something hon, if the baby is gowning and all then that means it probably isnt anything all to bad
    Anonymous

• I had abnormal utlrasound and had to keep going every two weeks to keep checking the baby development. It was horrible. They said try not to worry but you can't help it. My baby was developing fine. If I were you, I would focus on the baby looking good so far. If the baby is growing good, I wouldn't stress about the other stuff!!!! Most babies with problems aren't as active and they show physical problems. Sounds like your little baby is doing great so far. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I'm bumping my own question hoping more moms will see it and respond. Thanks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009