Bleeding during pregnancy?

hi this is my first pregnancy I'm 22 years old 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant 9 days ago I started spotting it was pinkish then turned brown then red it was a weekend I waited till Monday called my doctor and went to see him my cervix was closed my blood test turn out okay but I'm still bleeding it stops for a couple of hours the starts again red to brown every time it stops if I go out for a walk (its kinda hot outside) it starts again
I'm really worried I have an ultrasound in 4 days to check on the baby's heart
should I be worried with all this bleeding and spotting ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would stop walking. I spotted one time after a trip to the mall and my MIL told me to rest up and elevate my feet. Maybe you should try that, if not I would definitely go back to your doctor.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 6:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• it can be i did this alot with this baby, and sometimes in the first few months alot of women get some bleeding around the time of thier period..but i would rest up and see what the u/s says. hoping the very best for you mama!!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Stop walking! I had three different bleeding episodes. Baby was fine on ultrasound. Dr. said keep off my feet for 3-4 days each time. You need to let the bleed clot. Just like if you cut your arm. Let it heal so it doesn't get worse and you lose the baby.
    Anonymous

• some spotting, esp during the first trimester is not uncommon, as long as it's pinkish or brownish, which indicates that it's older blood/tissue. Bright red is a, well, a red flag. I agree that you should limit your physical activity, esp when it's hot out. Also, have you had an ultrasound yet? If you have/had a mild case of placenta previa (where the placenta is lying in a way that it completely or partially covers the cervix) and your placenta moved, which in many, if not most, cases it does, then you will have more spotting. You're doing good by keeping track of when you notice it the most though. Hope everything turns out fine!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009