contractions?

i keep gettin this bad tightening up at the top of my uterus and i have been crampy alot lately too but could it be the baby or is it a contraction?i mean the babys low and i have alot of fluid ..forgot the name but it comes and goes alot all day today and last night..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks contractions is what it sounds like to me
    Anonymous

• and its ok if it comes alot, like every 10-15 minuets all day long with no break?
    Anonymous

• yeah, sounds like braxton-hicks. they're "practice contractions" that are prepping your body for the real thing. they most commonly start if you've been active for a long period of time, and will usually stop if you change activity. they may seem to have set intervals, like 10-15 minutes apart, but real labor contractions will get steadily harder to the point where you can't talk during them, and closer together and don't change or stop even if you change activity.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yes, true labor contraction will move closer together, when the are 5m apart, unbearable or your water breaks are the signs that its time to go

Anonymous

• I had days where it definitely felt like I couldn't get a break! it's normal though. and they are productive, like I said, prepping your uterus for the real deal and a lot of times it's like pre-labor and you may actually start dilating. With my first I was at 1 and 2 centimeters for a good 2 to 3 weeks before he was born, and with my second I was actually dilated to a 3, 3 1/2. It just saved me some work when it was really time to get down to business. I was fortunate to have very quick labors. Hopefully you have the same!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh, and one more thing. Use these to practice prepping yourself mentally for labor. Use focused breathing and relax your face and body. If you let your body tense up, it's tensing all over, including your cervix, which you want to let expand. I would always focus on relaxing the spot between my eyebrows (like what pinches when you scowl) and my jaw (because I read somewhere that from a reflexology standpoint your jaw and cervix are 'connected') anyway, good luck!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Braxton Hicks contractions | BabyCenter

How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy.
    www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• this is my third baby, so i know and thier just so ocnstant all day with no breaks no matter what and my back and lower stomach like the top of my cervix it cramping too from them..
    Anonymous

• I would address it with your dr. then and in the mean time just try to rest as much as possible and take warm baths to relax your muscles.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009