ow long does it take for hormones to show up on a pregnancy test?

i am a week late and i just have that feelin that i am preggers you know lower backache feelin crampy but not like my period cramps and so tired . I am gonna go down to planned parent hood and get checked out on mon. . cause my period is always on time like clock work... i have taken 2 test one was a bfn and the other had a very very faint not fully formed line that looked like what they call a evap line. any past experience or input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the hormone level... but evap lines dont mean anything.. and what is a bfn?

Just an FYI, the tests the use at planned parenthood are urine tests as well, so if you already used one and you didnt feel comfortable with the results, I wouldnt use one again, id get a blood test done.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• you shoul wait atleast 2wks and if u still aint come on your perio take a test an the test shoul show rather or not you are pregnant. oro shyt just o what u said by goin 2 plannin parent hood
    so_stlouis

Answer by so_stlouis at 7:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I waited about 5 days after my missed period to test. The first test was negative and the second was postive- the postive one was done a few days later. I agree with the previous post, the ones at Planned parenthood are basically the same as the store ones. That is what they told me when I went there a few years ago! Maybe try a more expensive one in a few days! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• LMFAO So Stlouis... you are SO ghetto.
    Anonymous

• An evaporation line has no color. It's a ghost line that can only be seen if you tilt it just right. If the line is faint and colored (depending whether the test should be pink or blue) then you're pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh, yeah. I forgot to add that I have a friend that's a nurse and she said planned parenthood uses the Dollar Store tests.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• BFN = big fat negative

I agree with the previous poster--an evap line means nothing, unfortunately, except that you have a defective test. At a week late, chances are pretty high that a home pregnancy test would have picked it up, but it's's not a given--I've heard crazy stories, of women who don't test positive until weeks later. Have you tried a different brand of test? Just an FYI - most doctor's offices, and --I would assume-- PP, use the same type of test that you get at the drug store, so when you go in on Monday you may want to ask for a blood test.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009