molestation

Okay, I have a serious problem! May be long so bare with me. I have a sister who is 4 years old. (I am 23) Her mom and my dad dated for 16 years, and she is a TOTAL nutcase! Her and my dad are no longer together. She dont care properly for my sister, she sleeps all the time, no doubt is on some hard core drugs. Dont work and my sister is in pre-k. The ONLY time she gets taken to school is when my dad has her. I will add too that my dads ex has a WIERD live in boy friend. ANYHOW. The mom called dss saying her child claimed to be sexually abused. HOWEVER, when questioned by the social workers my sister accused my dad, my brother, her other brother (not related to me) MY 6 YEAR OLD SON! Her grandma's husband, and her moms live in boy friend. (obviously not all of these people, if any have molested her.) I know my dad never abused me (nor would he my sister) I know my brother wouldnt do that, and my son is 6!!! I really think her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• mom coaxed her to say these things. Because my dad wants to take custody of her. My dad is very very mad. 1, because someone is possibly molesting his daughter. 2. Because her mom could be saying these things to keep her from my dad. What should he do? Her mom is not capable of caring for him. Have you heard of moms making their DD say things like this for irrelevant reasons?
    Anonymous

• I have heard of this. A co workers brother went through this type of thing for several years with his ex-wife. It was a total mess. It ended up that the kid's mother was mentally ill and made it all up and some how convinced the kids they were molested. It was sad, tragic, you name it. The kids are in therapy, the mother is in therapy, the whole deal. I am not sure how it could have been avoided or how it could have ended sooner since mental illness is so misunderstood and CPS really has to be cautious. The doctors said there was "some signs" but nothing he could say 100% so it just went around and around for several years. I wish you luck. I hope there is some way you can get a mental evaluation on the mother. In this situation, I really do not think the Mom thought she was lying, she was seriously mentally ill.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• This woman is not mentally ill. She is on drugs! She is upset that my sister prefers to stay with my dad...its just a mess.
    Anonymous

• At four she may not even understand what molestation means. If I were dad I'd be filing for custody to get her away from mom.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Drugs can damage your brain as well... my point is, you need to see if you can some how have the Mom evaluated for her stability.. that would be a great start in getting your sister where she is safe.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009