17 month old has a rash on his hand.

it's on the fatty part of his thumb more down by the palm then the finger really. I have no clue what it is, maybe tape worm? Not sure. Its really bumpy and red in a small patch, nothing consistent though like a circle, but I guess if I had to shape it its a circle form. It isnt any where else on him that I have seen, I checked him thoroughly! Any ideas what it is and if there is cause for concern?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mabye it is hand foot mouth?? Check the inside of the mouth see if you see bumps there??Tape worm?? Mabye ring worm? ring worm is very circular looks like a spiral..
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Could be eczema.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Have u changed any products lately such as laundry detergent, hand soap, body wash, etc. He could be having a reaction to something of that sort. As long as he's not running a fever or acting strange in any way I would give it a couple of days to see if it gets better of worse. If it gets worse or if u feel more concerned about it then I would call ur dr who will want to see him. Sometimes little ones have a reaction to something like one time & then not again. My 17 mo DD got bug bites recently & swelled up but after the first round all has been fine they just look normal now. That is the only advice I can give sorry that I cant be anymore help :(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• is it itchy? My first thought was poison ivy.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 11:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Could be from anything, so give it like 3 days and if it isn't looking like it is getting any better then go see your pedi.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2009