Doctor Bills??

When you have a baby do you have to pay anything up front like as far as hospital stay and everything or do they bill you afterwards. Our insurance pays 80% but I wasnt sure if they'd bill us the 20% after or if we'd have to pay it out before I had the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• after... the send the bill to insurance, then you get the rest of the bill in the mail
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• they might send you a preliminary bill with the full total on it before it goes to insurance, but don't worry about paying it until you get an adjusted statement. Just KEEP TRACK of ALL of your paperwork both from the insurance (saying what they've paid out on) and your hosp. bills. I had a few things get over-looked in the past and ended up paying for stuff ins. should have covered.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I actually just recieved a bill from my OB/GYN for their services, that does not include any hospital bills. This is just for the use of the doctor I guess. I ay 20% as well, I have to pay it by July and I am due in Oct. I guess it depends on your doctor and ins.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the hospital. When my DH and I had a PPO and he had to go to the hospital for an allergic reaction, they asked for payment when we checked out. Find out what your hospital's policy is, and if you are worried that you won't be able to pay the 20% in time for your delivery, see if you can make other arrangements--I don't think they are going to turn you away in labor, regardless.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I HAVE THE SAME SITUATION, MY INSURENCE PAYS 80%, I PAY 20%, I PAY 212$ EVERY MONTH I GO TO THE DR. SO I DONT HAVE A HUGE BILL WHEN I GO INTO LABOR, IM HAVING A C-SECTION AGAIN SO I END UP PAYING AROUND 2500$ BY THE TIME ITS DONE WITH.
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009