What to get a one year old?????

So I am trying to plan ahead and am thinking of what to get DD for her birthday. I want to get her at least three fun gifts. On from her baby brother or sister, one from me, and one from her daddy. I also dont know if maybe I should get her a potty or not, or something along those lines. Please if you have any suggestions I am all ears..

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i get a lot of books for kids as gifts. my mom kept my books from when i was a kid and i love to read them to my kids!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• we got our daughter a drawing corola desk with the color wonder markers and paper which she LOVES, a tent, a tricycle which she is now just able to ride at 19 mo. We kind of got her stuff for older kids but that way she can enjoy them longer. Books are also a good idea... in the past couple months I've had to get so many new books and she's learning a LOT from them!!! Colors, shapes and #'s
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Books are great! And anything that makes noise. They love it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• balls,babys love balls,, get her a little swiming pool and fill it with balls(ur own ball pit) out door toys.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My daughter was all about take and put at that age....things that go inside other things were always a big hit. She loves books...especially interactive ones (lift the flap, turn the wheel, peek-a-boo, touch and feel). Outdoor water toys are really big too...but even a bucket filled with water and old (cleaned) food containers will do (i.e. yogurt containers, cups, baby food containers, etc.)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• We got my son a Step Start Walk 'N Ride, one of the toys that you can change from a push toy to a ride-on toy, and he still loves it a year later. He also got a LeapFrog music/learning table for Christmas when he was 6 months old, and that still gets played with a lot, too.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009