destin or a&D ointment for butt rash?

i have both on hand and my son has a bad diaper rash.. which one do u think is better? thank u so much.. ive been using the destin more then the a&d.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• bedreaus buttpaste... sp?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• definitely A&D the desitin will burn his bum
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Every baby really is different.
    I found that the purple and white Destin worked best for my daughter. Buttpaste and A&D made her scream.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Desitin is thicker...I'd use that. If you can get your hands on some, Nystatin is great for diaper rash. My doctor gave me a prescription for some.
    Anonymous

• I don't use Desitin because if there is raw skin, it burns. A&D all the way!!! Scratch yourself and put both of them on your skin and then decide for yourself. JMO
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I like both- but i also use aquaphor for those really raw rashes that some creams can burn- aquaphor is unscented and really thick so it coats really well while it heals
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• We used the weleda

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Those I found were both really strong...I actually found that Aquafor (I think that is how it is spelled) works better....Sorry, I didn't use the other two.
    conchita07

Answer by conchita07 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Aquaphor works great. It is amazing and you only need a small amount.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I always swore by A&D ointment when my 3 daughters were babies, but my know-it-all daughter refuses to use it on my granddaughter because it 'smells' and will only use Desitin.
    Well, when she had a rash so bad that it was open sores I applied Neosporin ointment to it and then patted cornstarch right on top of it for every single diaper change until it cleared up. Worked like a charm. Also, I only bathed her with unscented Dove beauty bar as recommended by her pediatrician for her skin when it broke out in acne at 2 months old.
    When a rash is cleared up, it is a good idea to use something to protect the skin. I always bought Caldescene powder (awesome!) or Johnson's baby powder with cornstarch in it. Both of them help keep skin integrity.
    I wish you the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2009