At how many months should you stop using the booger sucker? :)

My daughter gets MAJOR boogers big and a lot.. i clean her nose but she just gets them often.
Anyway,when i use the booger sucker, it makes her like cough... as though she is uncomfortable with it.
She'll be 4 months in 4 days.

How many months should you stop using a syringe?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When she is able to blow her nose herself.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yea what she said ofcourse it oncomfortable do it to yourself n see it u like it lol i think youd do the same thing lol
    Anonymous

• Until they can blow their own nose. My DD hates it and she scream but it needs to be done.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• my little one just turned one and we use qtips to get hers,always have,the nose sucker took to long and she wouldnt hold still
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I know this sounds gross, but I always keep my pinkie nails long so I can get the boogers out that way. It is sooo much better than making my son scream every time we bust out the sucker.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I still use it when my son is sick and has a runny nose and he is 10 mos. I didn't know there was a time limit.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well i didnt know if there was a time limit lol. i was just wondering when you normally stop using it. i usually use toilet paper and twist it and use that, but sometimes its just so hard to get out with just TP lol. thanks for the input :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Until they were able to blow themselves which was around 18 months for both of mine. I used rolled up tissues and q-tips too if they were going through the not hold still for the booger sucker phase that they both went through a couple times!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009