i dont have any aloe vera what can i do for a really bad sunburn?

silly teenage dd went to the lake and came back a lobster.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 8:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Stick her in a cool bathtub with 2 cups of vinegar in it.

It sounds gross, but I had to ask the same question on here last month, I got that response, tried it, and it worked for a while.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Shaving cream (the plain...NOT menthol) works wonders! Slather it on and the skin will absorb it, takes the sting out. Sliced cucumbers help too. And you can also buy this ointment called Foille...just a small layer really helps! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• yes, vinegar in bath water
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Vinegar, cold cream. Soak a washcloth in vinegar and pat gently on the sunburn. It stinks but it takes all the sting out of the sunburn. DO NOT use any hand lotion, makes the burn worse. I heard a washcloth soaked in milk also works.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Tea has something in it that takes the sunburn away faster. I don't know what it is, but if you put cooled brewed tea (no sugar) in a spray bottle and spray it on it works very well. I heard this in YM or something when I was a teenager and have been doing it for 20 years.... and many many sun burns!

Vinegar in the cool bath water works too. I usually bathe in the vinegar water then spray the tea on.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Vinegar or a quart of very strong black tea in a cool or tepid bath. I know about sunburns--look at my pic!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We use a product called Aloe Ice, comes in a spray can and provides wonderful cooling relief. Solarcaine is also helpful.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009