How am I suppose to tell my Family? HELP

I am 6 months pregnant with my second child, and now living back at home since Jan, after I lost my job and have not been able to find employment anywhere. My family hates my children s father, with reason, and I have been hiding this pregnancy from them. At first I planned on saying something when I got a job and back on my feet again so I wouldnt have my mom saying shes the one supporting us right now, but now im almost 7 months pregnant and still have not found employment and chances are getting slimmer everyday, considering the way the economy is right now plus I obviously will not be able to hide this from an employer.
Anyways I know my mother has been stressed enough with my moving back home and helping us out the best she can, and I have no idea how im suppose to tell her im having another baby in sept!
Do you think i should just leave it till she asks seeing as i waited so long or any suggestions as to what to say??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm a mom who had a dd do this to me and I was NOT happy she kept it from me. I felt really used and left out. If you want my opinion, tell mom. Even if she's not happy about it, it's your life. Let her help you figure things out. Don't get pissed if she reminds you to take birth control after this one is born! Make sure you are on prenatal vitamins and getting medical care. Hopefully you are getting assistance and medicaid and food stamps to help out. Sign up for Section 8. Show her you are trying to gain independence.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Tell them. It shows that you're really immature that you actually hid that from your family. People make bad choices, date bad people or whatever, but what sets you apart as an adult is that you own your problems. Tell them now. Like get up, go into the living room and sit down right now and tell them. Say it was a stupid thing to hide but you realize it now and you hope you they can respect your honesty and just move forward. Your baby deserves all the love in the world and its just going to be a thing of resentment if you hide it. Additionally, help with your mom's stress by doing things to show that you're an adult because I would guess you were in your early teens by what you said here. I know that's a little insulting, but I mean it with the hope that you really look at yourself and make some positive choices in the near future. Good luck and do the right thing.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Actually I am not in my teens. Im 23 have been on my own since i was 18 when my daughter was born, have a college degree, and have been working since and going to school since I was 16. So yes I do find that kinda insulting, but i also understand why when reading what I have got myself into sounds like im younger than I really am. As mentioned before I only moved back home in the winter after loosing my job, and child care to get back on my feet and than I found out I was pregnant again.
    Anonymous

• It is what it is. Tell her. You will have to tell her anyways. Do it now....this is not a forever situation with you living with your mom....it will get better. :0) Hang in there.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i hid it from my family untill i was 8 months n had the baby 3 weeks later my family was not happy exspecially cuz it wasnt me they found out thro but it think you need to just flat out tell her look it im 6 month prenate n if your going to stop talking to me because of the situation then maybe its for the best
    ilovehersomuch

Answer by ilovehersomuch at 9:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• How to tell her: Sit down with her and look her in the eye and tell her, and tell her what your plans now are. Tell her what you are going to do so that the new baby is not an added burden for her. It is going to be extremely tough for you with two little ones and needing to do a great deal around the house so your mother doesn't think that you feel that you are a guest there but a contributing member of the household. I'm not sure what kind of public assistance you can get living in her house. I know of a woman who moved into her own place and then was able to get assistance.

Answer by Bmat at 9:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Wow...how can you hide being 7 months pregnant!? Just tell her. Your mom seems like she loves you a lot because she;s helping you already. Good luck. She might be mad at first but I;m sure she'll come around.
    Anonymous

• First of all, let me just say,"DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT BIRTH CONTROL,CONDOMS, and Others are?"I mean, gees, this is 2009, there is no since with all this stuff we have out here that women gets prego if they don't want too. Next thing is, how in the world do u "hide" a prego?!! All I know is that if someone can't tell that you are prego, they need their eyes checked. I mean, come on, you mean to tell me that she just think you are getting fat?.
    I think you need to tell her or get the hell out of her home. Not cool @ all.
    LUVMYCARLTON

Answer by LUVMYCARLTON at 1:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009