How can i get rid of my belly fat?

jdenmommy

Asked by jdenmommy at 8:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• honey, when you figure it out, bottle it and sell it!! I seem to lose belly and body fat by just working out in general. I don't think you can really just lose in one place. I also try to tighten my stomache muscles to decrease the jiggle in my wiggle.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Exercise and don't eat so much...or don't eat so much of the bad things. You can't lose weight in just one place, but you can promote muscle growth in your stomach by doing sit ups and/or crunches.
    Anonymous

• You cannot spot reduce. When you gained fat was equally distributed so when it comes off it's also equally and gradually removed. Stomach crunches just tones the muscles under the fat so it's not really doing any good and won't show results until you get the fat on top burned up. Reduce your calories, increase your protein, decrease your fat grams, increase your activity and drink plenty of fluids (meaning water, not soft drinks).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am in my 40's and my tummy is my problem area. A friend I graduated with is now a fitness expert and her abs are awesome. She said it's not so much about exercise, as it is diet. She said to stay away from carbs. They go straight to your mid-section. Exercise is good too, but really watch your diet and cut out the bread, potatoes and starches. I'm going to try it & see.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 1:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• South Beach Diet. The first two weeks, you lose mostly stomach chub. Plus, exercise! Make sure you are doing plenty of core work and that will help with your stomach chub too. But you can absolutely target a specific area.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• CARDIO! lots and lots of CARDIO!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 2:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009