Sex question. (about your booty.)

Is it ok to have anal sex while pregnant? I just did and my boyfriends "part" is rather large and it felt...ok. Will that harm the baby? No bashing please! I just want to make sure Im not hurting my baby.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The reason its a no-no during pregnancy is because all of your veins/arteries are swollen with extra blood, including the area of your anus. This can cause or aggravate hemorrhoids if you are not super careful! DON'T switch back and forth (a good idea at any time, not just while pregnant) and you will want to use extra lube and stop if it hurts at any time! It can be done safely but you just have to be extra careful, bc it is easier to cause damage while you are pregnant.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• no , that wont matter...you do it closer to baby when vaginal
    Anonymous

• wouldn't it be too late if it was???
    Anonymous

• Make sure not to switch back to regular sex. The bacteria can be really bad for the baby!!!!!
    Anonymous

• good call
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• All the literature I read on it said NOT to have anal while pregnant I don't remember why tho.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree with Heather. I read in one of my pregnancy books that anal was a real no-no while pregnant. I don't have the books any more to refer to because I passed them along to friends.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Hmm, now I want to see what they read about it not being good, but I have never heard anything bad about it personally. For sure don't switch back before washing everything spotless clean though... Yeah.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've never heard of it being off limits, but as the earlier poster said, make sure your boyfriend washes thoroughly before switching back to vaginal intercourse to avoid introducing bacteria.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009