Question for Christians

I was wondering how you know for sure when God is speaking to you? I truly believe that in the last six months God has spoken to me through dreams and through out my day. I pray asking him how I can serve him and the answer I've been getting is to become a reverend. I have not told anyone about this. I was wanting some advice from other Christian women on this topic. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I think that being a reverend would be a wonderful way for me to share Gods love. I'm not sure how I would explain what I would like to do, without telling my family God said to. Any ideas on how I could let them know? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why not tell them God told you? Any other way would be a lie. I know it can be hard to share spiritual things that happen to us, but if they need a reason I would give them the truth. Sorry, that wasn't even your question. I know God is talking to me through my heart. Something deep inside me knows when it is God. Good luck on your journey!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If God is speaking to you only YOU know it. It's a voice of peace and love. At least for me, I hear him whipser to me all the time Take of my word and learn of me. But also I have Satan screaming at me that these terrable things will happen but if I don't follow God's word exactly I will burn but keep my family and if I do follow I will lose my family. Agian I have Satan telling me it's ok do that it's ok you won't burn. So agian only you know it's God if you need more proof take it to him in prayer and read his word. :) I am so happy to hear you feel compelled to be a reverend, I feel that is a very Godly calling.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i agree with rhanford
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Maybe God doesn't like you
    Anonymous

• just tell them you believe God is calling you to be a reverend. if you think they will call you crazy, then dont mention that God told you directly, but that its more of an internal feeling or that you feel pulled toward it. i dont think there is anything wrong w/ not saying that God is talking to you. do you think your family isnt going to approve of your calling? or they just wont believe you that God told you to do it?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree with okmanders, in terms of feeling as though you're being called.
    There are many of us who feel as though we have callings, and ministry is one of those things people feel called to do.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My BIL thought that he was called to be a minister too. He experienced the disrespect of his congregation because he didn't "preach" the right way. He was bombarded with demands 24 hours a day. He now drives a furniture truck for his brother. Maybe you need to step back and see who's REALLY talking to you?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Only God is reverend. You can serve and worship Him in reverence.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• reverend is a term for minister or pastor, ridingpink, not necessarily an adjective in this situation.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• God does speak to us. He called me to be an intercessor. If you feel he's calling you to a ministry, just stop, listen for that small,still voice,that is God,and you will have no doubt. God led me to start a group on here for sufferers of Fibro. Then, when I'd done what I was meant to there, He led me to leave it,and turn it over to someone else. You KNOW when it's God, at least for me, because things I'd never think of keep popping into my mind, and just won't leave till I acknowledge them. I pray about it,and when I know it's God, I have no doubts about the thoughts. God has a plan for each of our lives,and He wants us to acknowledge Him,and that He is working through us to achieve that plan. If I were you, I'd talk to someone I trust, one on one,maybe a pastor,and tell them what you have told us. I'll be praying for you. God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2009