mood disoder

I have been told i have borderline personality disorder.And i am taking 4 different medicines.Some people say medicine wont work so why am i taking it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Health

• BPD is very very rare, I'm sorry if you do have that. Meds do work, but you have to be very faithful in taking them and they will not completely solve the problems, they will only help. I was diagnosed with BPD before being diagnosed bipolar. If you need to talk you can message me.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• use peppermints and raw honey in tea cooler, coffee to pick you up plus meditate on the Bible verses that deal with theses issues read the Psalms! Get some good books at the Christian bookstore!!!
    Anonymous

• also go to bed earlier and keep your house clean will help!
    Anonymous

• Medicine alone won't work, you should also be in counseling. You have to remember to take the meds everyday, no skipping them and don't stop because you are feeling better. It will take weeks for the meds to build in your system. Don't let others make you feel bad for taking meds or needing help, sometimes people need help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Anon, you obviously don't have nor know much about BPD. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but if a person has an imbalance in their brain then there is no shame in seeking psychological help. Yes, op. you can do all those things too, but stay on your meds.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• And tyfry7496 is right as well. You need to see a psychologist to make sure that someone can kind of monitor you and how well the meds are working for you.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I can't help but be rude. Anon, what are you smokin? A chemical imbalance, bad enough, needs chemicals to help balance you out. Generally meds help, but combined with good therapy, that's the best bet. Maybe the ones you are on just don't work well for you. I was told I had depression, anxiety, and borderline personallity disorder. No antidepressants worked for me. I saw a different psychiatrise, and he said I am bipolar. I take Lamictal, and it helps bunches. I need a therapist, the last one I had told me I better get good grades on my english papers because she had been an English major. And she kept trying to get me to leave my husband. I'm a little leary of therapists at the moment. You could try going to a different psychiatrists. I'm not sure that a combo of 4 pills is a good idea.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I believe wholeheartedly that I have BPD as well. I have been to many dr.'s but I usually end up stopping after a few weeks. I also have major depressive disorder and panic disorder with severe social anxiety. The social anxiety blocks me from seeking the therapy i need. I just panic at the thought. So I sympathize with your situation. My moods and emotions are out of control most of the time, although as i have gotten older the self injury has subsided. I don't really have any advice except therapy is suppose to be very helpful for BPD along with the meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2009