is it normal to feel tender ?

i have had a tender soreness on the sides of my belly near the hip i am 15 weeks and scared that something is wrong.

mom2bedec2009

Asked by mom2bedec2009 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i get that too. ive been told to take a tylenol and drink water and relax
    its from ur uterus growing, called round ligament pain
    Im pretty sure this is normal
    ur uterus is growing so much right now and also pulling on all the surrounding connecting tissue which causes this annoying pain
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Round ligament pain is VERY normal. It's the ligaments holding up the uterus. As your uterus gets bigger, the pains might get stronger. I had them thru my entire last pregnancy. I used a heating pad on my lower back, set to low..........that was awesome! And, if you go to CVS, they have a bubble bath called Batherapy, it's friggin awesome for this pain. Other than that, just relax and take it easy as much as you can.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I had them awful with my first son, and this time around my doctor told me to drink a TON of water, and they are really a lot better.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah...get used to it. I'm 20 weeks along and from what I've been told, it only gets worse. lol. Twice I got up out of bed and my belly felt so tight and sore (like a pulled muscle) that I had trouble walking for a good 10-15 minutes. Of course, I was concerned, so I called my OB and she said as long as I wasn't having any unusual discharge, or severe or long-lasting pain, to pop some Tylenol, put a heating pad on it (on a low setting) and to try not to worry. I'd mention it to your OB or midwife at your next appt, but it sounds like normal pregnancy stuff to me.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 10:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah your body will go through a LOT of aches and pains. Unfortunately, they will get worse. Your body is being stretched in ways it's never had to before. As long as you're not getting vaginal bleeding with the aches and pains, then everything is fine. Make sure you get plenty of water, relax when you can, and make your hubby give you mini-massages :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2009