Could they be wrong about it being a boy?

I had a sono. done at the ER 2 weeks ago and they said it looked like a boy but they werent 100% positive. Could they be wrong? Im going for another from my doc. on the 22'nd and I was just wondering if I might be in for a surprise?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 9:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's never 100% until they are born. I had a friend that was told it was a girl just to deliver a boy. Alot of techs won't say for sure 100% in case they are wrong you can't go back and sue them or something.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• They can always be wrong. The only 100% way to know is birth. My first "girl" was born with a penis. I don't even bother finding out now.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Until the baby is born, there's always a possibility that the drs are wrong. However, if your LO is an exhibitionist, then it's pretty clear. Both my boys were CLEARLY boys, legs spread wide, no room for error! LOL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Why are you upset about it?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I have always heard that if you are told you are having a girl, be prepared for maybe having a boy because they baby's legs might be in a position where you might not see their little penis. So, I see being told that you are having a boy from the get-go is (while not 100%) a pretty good chance that the doctor is accurate. :) Good luck, boys are FUN!
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i was wondering the same because i went to the er and the lady said it look like a boy and i was supposed to have another one the same week from the doctor and wanted to make sure and the dr. canceled it because she got the results from the er and said there was no medical reason to have another one i was soo mad and my SO was not there to see it mad me even more mad but update so i can know and congrats
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 10:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• They can occasionally be wrong (I had a friend who was told that she was having a boy, only to have a girl pop out, and another friend who was told to expect a girl but had a boy!) I think they are far more often right than wrong, but you can never know for sure until they are born!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2009