Could it be the beginning of the end of Obamas popularity?

According to a Rasmussen poll, more voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats to handle the economy, by a margin of 45-39
And the Democratic leads over Republicans on their core issues are also dropping. Particularly interesting is the Democratic decline over healthcare, from an 18-point lead in May to only 10 points now.
Gallup poll also confirms that the president’s personal ratings are high, but the underlying data less so. While 67 percent of voters give Obama personal favorable ratings and 61 percent approve of his job performance (Rasmussen has his job approval lower, at 55 percent), they give him much lower ratings on specific issues.
As it becomes clearer that the deficit caused by spending has landed us in a new economic crisis, entirely of Obama’s own making, his popularity and job performance are likely to drop as well.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Youre worried about 1 year ago. ITs the late 70's all over again. Prices on the rise, jobs on the decline.

Interest rates are climbing, inflation will be very high soon. We still have millions of homes just sitting there that will not be bought because the interest rates that just went up at most banks add another 200 bucks a month to the payment. Applications are down now because of that. They will continue to go down and we will have even more problems than we do now. Obama has spent more money in the first 90 days in office than Bush spent in 8 years he has no clue what he is doing. He made the largest power grab with the help of Dems in Congress. He controls most large banks and some corporations. Dems now control the tobacco industry basically. Obama is not Carter he is striving to be Castro. We are all screwed if he is successful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• As unemployment rises, his ratings will tank. It's Carter all over again.
    Anonymous

• Yes. However, every president experiences times of popularity and times where they're on everybody's bad list. I think this around people where so caught up with him being the first President of color and they were wooed and sooo ready for a change from what the last 8yrs gave them that some were on a high. I think there are a lot of people who are really disappointed in the direction that Mr. President and his administration is taking this country - if and it's a HUGE IF but if for some reason things do start to pick up by the end of the year or even early next his numbers could reflect that as well.

EVERY President has his supporters and those who don't support this policies so when things aren't going good it SHOULD be no surprise to any of us that his popularity goes down.

My question is does this make you happy? I didn't vote for the man so I could really care less but does this make you smirk when you read this
    Anonymous

• For me I hold allegence to no party just sense. Whichever party shows that that is where my vote goes. Obama did not show that to me however if her had a rep congress they would balance each other out.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• No, anon :14, it doesn't make me happy. It does however make me hopeful that voters see that choosing a leader isn't all about flowery words and wordy whimsical speeches. I hope with the worsening economic climate that voters start to really understand that you can't get out of debt by creating more debt. I hope that the next election will bring forth a leader with experience in foreign policy, national security, as well as some business experience.

Your pp has me wondering if you are new to this section of Cafemom, or if you just haven't been comprehending what is under the fundamental difference of opinion on the subject of Obama.

Anonymous

• You know what his popularity means absolutely nothing to me. He could be crowned Sweet Valley High Prom King and I wouldn't care. What I do care about is the millions that are out of work that are banking on his high risk moves to stabilize this economy so that they can make payments on their homes, buy food for their families and put gas in their cars.

If that happens then he could paint himself purple and wear a dress and fairy wings and call himself Obama princess of the fairies.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh, I'm sorry ANON 10:21 - I was directing my question to the OP. But thanks, the first half of your response gave me a lot to think about....................
    Anonymous

• Smirk? Hell no, it makes me want to cry because I knew it would happen. Our country and our people wiill have been put through the wringer by the time the majority of people realize that what has happened is not the change they thought the'd get. I want to cry for my children and theirs because the debt the Country is in now and will continue to be in for years is so massive. Their freedoms are being taken away to an extent GB never thought of. The constitution is being shredded daily. This is not something that had to happen and it is sad all the way around.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Crapy: Have you considered getting a hobby? Or maybe an unpaid intership at Fox "News"?
    Anonymous

• ^^^^^ that zinger was a hoot! Thanks for the laugh now it's time for me to get some ice cream and go to bed.
    Anonymous