How many people....

truly feel that marriage is till death do us part? I mean if he cheats and beats you will you stay with him no matter what? Or do you believe that if he breaks part of the vows that you have the right to get a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe if he cheats or beats on you then it's absolutely FINE to get divorced. Getting divorced because you both are too stubborn to compromise for each other? Now, that is stupid.
    Anonymous

• I feel like you have the right to break you vows at anytime. Sometimes you just marry that wrong person.
    My grandma was so unhappy her whole life and it was only because she didn't believe in divorce.
    Anonymous

• I believe that it's until we are parted by death. I've been married more than 44 years, and there have been some rough times. But we are right now enjoying the best days of our marriage. Had abuse occurred and I felt I was in danger, I might have left him to protect myself and my children, but I would never have filed for divorce. Separation always allows for the other person's heart to change and for the marriage to still be saved. Divorce, to me, says that there is no hope. I believe that most serious problems in marriage could be forseen before the wedding if women took more time to study the character and habits and past behavior of the men they marry. Another problem is that women see the weaknesses in the men they marry, but they believe that their love will change their men. When it doesn't happen, they want out. Instead of divorce being so easy, it should be harder to get married.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• till death do you part doesn't actually mean it's ok for him to death his wife to death! I don't believe that until death do you part nonsense. I think it should be until he disrespects me and makes me feel no longer wanted. Cheating is something you can work out. Abuse isn't (without professional help and most abusers won't get help).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I have every intention of being laid to rest next to my husband.  We will have been married 21 years next month and he has never cheated or hit me. 

There are good men out there, they're just hard to find.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• the only way i believe in getting divorced is if he cheats or beats you. but i STRONGLY believe through sickness and in health i can't express that to you right now lol for real. when you marry someone you work absolutely anything and everything else unless he's beating you...the cheating thing well thats a personal choice. me idk i can't say cuz i could say anything i want but i dont know what id really do in that situation. i mean the last 2 assholes that cheated on me are loooong gone. anyways i believe in marriage and i want to have like a 50 yr anniversary lol
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I believe if he cheats or hurts you physically then even God says it's okay to divorce him (that's what I took what I read to mean anyway).
    I can't say I wouldn't forgive him for cheating, I don't know because I've not been in that situation but if he hits me and doesn't put himself in some sort of anger management or councelling, I'm out of there, I'm not waiting around to become a statistic.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Cheating and abuse of any sort are grounds for divorce. I think anything else can be worked out. Cheating can even be worked out IF both people want to, and the cheater truly feels remorse for what he/she did.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• ive been beat on and cheated on and I still love him with all my heart its my faith i believe . He hasnt hit me in over a 2 years now all he really did was slap me a few times nothing to serious and he has been sick since he has cheated . I lvoe him with all my heart he doesnt beat me like my first hubby so ill keep number 2 anyday. I dont believe in divorce at all but thats for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If he ever put his hands on me it would be till death. My family would make him disappear and I'd have no say in the matter.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2009