Medicaid Question

When you get on Medicaid do they do it based on your income or do they do it based on whether you have insurance or not? I always thought they done it based on income but my aunt is tryin to say that when she had my cousin, my uncle was brining home $1800 a week and she was still able to get Medicaid just bc they didn't have insurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say your aunt is full of it. Sorry. We missed the medicaid income requirements by $30 with my 2nd dd. When I asked the woman what I was supposed to do, I had NO ins and NO way of getting it, she just shrugged and said "I don't know". I though greaaaaaat...thanks a lot. Paid for that baby!

Anonymous

• Wow that's awful. I tried to argue with my aunt but it done no good. If you don't mind me asking, withought insurance, how much does the full hospital bill cost?
    Anonymous

• yea, there is no way. with my first DD my husband made $70 too much so we did not get it. and he only made $700 a week so there is no way someone making $1800 a week would qualify unless they had many many kids. i know it depends upon how many kids you have as well as how much you earn weekly. but you definitely will not get it simply because you dont have insurance if you make too much money.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 10:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• a normal birth in a hospital here is anywhere from $5,000-$7,000 depending on how many days you stay. they charge for epidurals separately. i had to have a c-section so we were charged $15,000. we just got the bill paid off and it feels SO good not to owe the hospital anymore.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 10:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• First anon here....Hosp...if you can pay b4 delivery was $3000 for vag and $5000 for section...if yo pay after its $4000 for vag...no idea 4 section. And dr was $2500. LOTS of fun..
    Anonymous