I gave birth to a child that is apparently part beaver.

My son has started chewing on his wood frame cribbed. I am really unsure how to go about to getting him to stop this habit. Has anyone else had this problem and what solutions did you find worked best? Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL! about part beaver!

Can you wrap duct tape around the railings? would that help?

Answer by Bmat at 10:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Both my children did this. Why do they do this?
    Anonymous

• I thought about duct tape but I was afraid he would chew through it. It is very strange, he doesn't chew on anything except for his crib.
    Anonymous

• Is he teething? Is he bored in his crib? I've never heard of that one before.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I dont have an anser for you but that "part beaver" made me laugh !
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Tater did this too. In fact my mom did daycare for 19 years and every child she had chewed on the cribs. When she started chewing on it, I took her out of it. She has been in a toddler bed for well over 6 months now. Alot of how to get them to stop is how old are they?
    TatersMom2006

Answer by TatersMom2006 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• He is 14 months old now. He has had all his front teeth for about 6 months now. I thought about teething but all he is getting in now is molars in the back.
    Anonymous

• My son did this, my daughter never did. I used to sing "How Much Wood Would a WoodChuck Chuck" to him when I'd get him in the morning or at naptime. I have no clue how to stop it. My son eventually just stopped. Although I was SO scared he'd get a splinter on his tongue or something. GOOD LUCK. It's just a phase :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My daughter di dthe same thing, and at the time I lived in an one bdr apt and so i took down the rail an dpushed the crib and my bed together it sovled the problem. You could find a plastic strip that goes on the top rail.
    mommynainai

Answer by mommynainai at 11:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My son did this for a while while he was teething. I had to buy a rail guard, then he stopped chewing on it.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2009