need more room.

okay, so basically my son sleeps in our room. his toddler bed is right next to ours. my SO works nights, so my son ends up sleeping with me. the thing is, we have been co sleeping since he was a newborn. i know people have different opinions about co-sleeping, but that isn't the issue here. should i just get rid of his toddler bed? even when my SO is off, he would prefer to sleep with us than his own bed.. so it's just there now. what would you do?? i have tried to keep him on his own bed, doesn't work well when my SO is working. thanks a lot, mommies!

bbymama

Asked by bbymama at 10:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get rid of the crib and get a pack n play style playpen/crib that you can break down an put against a wall when SO is gone. When he is home, open up the pack n play for him to sleep in.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am in the same predicament. My take is one day he is going to be old enough to understand he needs to sleep in his Big Boy Bed. So...keep it. Once we get a bigger place, three bedrooms I am going to just move his bed into his play room until he can get the hand of it.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• he had a pack n play before and he hated it :(
    bbymama

Answer by bbymama at 10:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Maybe get a trundle bed, then?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I personally would keep it and work on getting him to sleep in it. Our ds is 4 and still comes in our room a few times a month. We are slowly breaking him of it. If you really need the room then get rid of it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• thanks mommies. i rearranged our room so now we have sooo much more room and yes, the toddler bed is still in our room. we will just keep trying to get him to sleep in his own bed.
    bbymama

Answer by bbymama at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009