How can I ease the breast pain from being pregnant?

I am 6 weeks preg (as of this Sun) and my boobs are already enormous! They are super sensitive, tingly, etc. It often just hurts to breathe because the skin barely moves against the bra. It is awful. How can I ease the pain other than taking Tylonol?

RaRa921

Asked by RaRa921 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• warm compresses, no bra or loose shirts. like you said Tylenol is good too.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• UG i would like to know too! i am 6 weeks and 5 days.

i JUST bought a brand new bigger bra before i found out i was pregnant. the new bra is already so tight i feel like i am suffocating! as soon as i get home i take the thing off. but my nursing bras from my first baby are still too big, it's miserable!
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 10:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you guys. My boobs hurt sooo bad and are sooo swollen! I figure the warm compress would help bc when I take a hot shower they dont hurt as bad.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i grew 2 sizes my first trimester and taking my bra off at the end of the day would feel so good...

but i basically bought more supportive bras, wore lose shirts so they wouldnt press against my chest and had my fiance massage them before i would go to be and when i woke up...i typically dont take any medication like tylenol unless i know its something that will go away by taking it...tylenol just makes it more manageable but its safe to take if thats what u want...

also laying in a warm bath would help too
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• oh that was an awful time for me too, i'm 21 wks now and my nipps still hurt sometimes. try soft, warm cloths (baby washcloths) it worked for me, i did it when i layed down at night. tylenol helps a little too. the warm bath thing works too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I feel ya... I get scared before taking my bra off at night, when I let em go it hurts the most. I just wear bras that give extra support...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Defiantly a warm wash cloth or bath. May be try using that stretch mark lotion- I cant think of the name right now but it helps give the skin more elastic so that it will stretch easier and be so tight, which is why they hurt..I feel ya ladies I had three kids back to back. Hope this helps.
    motivatedmom24

Answer by motivatedmom24 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009