did your acne clear up when you lost weight?

i'm just curious. i have been slowly losing weight, 8 lbs so far. i have acne, but it is mostly concentrated on my chin. it's driving me crazy. i was about to start ProActive, but not sure when yet. anyways, did your acne improve when you lost weight?? thanks ;)

bbymama

Asked by bbymama at 10:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My acne went away when I stopped eating highly concentrated sweets like cookies, cakes, candy bars (especially candy bars!). Also at that time, I switched my make-up to mineral makeup. I use Bare Minerals.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• No. it cleared up when I gave up fried foods and drank LOTS of water. The water made the biggest difference. The weight loss didn't.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer. Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked

Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• For me, it went away when I gave up dairy. If you can't give it up completely, then try to decrease the amount you eat. When you get a chance, read the book The Ciminelli Solution. It's got greeat tips on getting your skin clear!
    ummu_moussa

Answer by ummu_moussa at 3:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• yes. But I also changed what I ate. I don't eat fried stuff anymore, or alot of sugar. I am very skimpy on dairy as well. So I cleaned up m y diet and drink nothing but water so that may have something to do with it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Also I don't use acne products. I wash my face twice daily with good old fashioned Dial soap, blot dry.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009