car seat

my daughter is in the car seat when they turn 1,but when do they go to the next car seat like age,weight,height and etc......what is the next car seat called?booster seat?idk,right now she is only 31 lbs and will be 3 in december

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 10:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• After the toddler seat is the booster seat, which just puts the child up higher in the seat so the seat belt fits them properly. The best thing to do is keep them in a harness until they outgrow the weight limits of the seat; if you're still using a convertible seat now, they make toddler/booster combos that usually have a higher weight limit for the harness, it keeps them safer. Legally, at least in my state, kids have to be in a car seat (a backless booster is fine for later years) until they're 4'9" and (I think) 80 lbs, whatever age that happens to be, that's when a seat belt fits them the right way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009