Why is marriage such a big deal to some people?

I am married but I don't believe it makes me a better mom or anything. I could care less if anyone else it married before they have kids or even ever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tradition. Hell it ain't nothing but a piece of paper.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• To me it is added security that he won't look around and that he'll try to make it work.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree. I don't think marriage is everything. I do think loving, monogamous, dedicated relationships are important to having kids.
    That being said, it doesn't always work out that way. I think single moms work extremely hard and most do a great job.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My marriage is much more than a piece of paper.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=1aba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1&contentLocale=0
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Marriage is a vow before your friends and family to love each other til death...and its nice for the whole family to have the same name. The legal issues are obvious.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Then why did you get married if it means nothing?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree with kemlaughlin it's more than a piece a paper. It's a commitment to love and cherish always. I know we will be together eternally beyond this life. It's a family unit. I believe it's part of our purpose in life to marry and then begin a family.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I said it isn't everything. There are a lot of marriages that just plain suck, just because they have the piece of paper it doesn't mean they are happy. My dh and I got married because we wanted to. Others don't feel that way, it doesn't mean they aren't just as committed and happy as us. To each their own.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wanted something lasting. Granted there is nothing saying that one day either my hubby or I will get up and "go buy a pack of cigarettes" and never come back. However if that does happen, the spouse that stuck it out will have legal recourse. In the end, I am tradional in that aspect and it works for me.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 10:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Nathskitten ..not sure if you were responding to me, but I was referring to the OP.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2009