what do you do when your so is so cheap he does not even want to do any thing?

our anniversary is coming up and my So is so cheap he is complaining about why does he have to do everything when it comes to our anniversary which I do not expect him to do everything I just want to do something nice for once without fighting. every year I end up mad at him for something stupid he did, and we do nothing. I also know times are tough and we can not afford to be extravagant but I would just like one simple romantic night. you know to show me he cares and not just sex...! sorry about the misspelled words!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Print him off a list of things that you can do that you consider romantic that doesn't involve money at all. Then let him decide one thing off the list and you decide on another, and then do both. Like pack a picnic basket and have dinner at a romantic spot. Take a walk or a midnight swim. Sit and look at old pictures of yourselves. Those kinds of things. Romance does not equal money. Now if I could get my DH to understand that Gifts do not equal Love. LOL
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If this is what you want, then you should make the effort. You are with a guy that does not find this stuff important. If you set it up, he will probably go along with you, but if you expect something you know he is not going to give, and then get mad at him for not giving it, you are being foolish.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Some guys just don't get it. Maybe you can teach him by doing little special things for him. Put together a picnic or do something he likes...maybe a baseball game or fishing.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• we don't give gifts or do anything BUT have wild hot monkey sex. That works for us. Now THAT is a celebration!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2009