normal for toddler to sweat while sleeping?

my 18mo is still sweating a lot when he sleeps.. i thought it was an infant thing, but now he's a little older and he's still sweating a lot. we don't overdress him. is this pretty normal at this stage and if so, when does the sweating stop? i forgot to ask the ped at our last visit. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes totally normal. My three year old is still sweaty when he sleeps. My oldest grew out of it about age three and half.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My son still sweats, well both of them. They are 2 and 3. Call me dense, but there was a week my son was soaking the bed with sweat every night. I thought he had a fever! Then I realized I had a plastic cover on the mattress and it wasn't lined with cloth!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My son will be 3 in September and he is a sweaty sleeper also. I really notice it when he falls asleep on the couch and I go to pick him up and carry him to bed and his back is drenched!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 11:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• YES!
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yep!
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My almost 2 year old sweats quite a lot when he sleeps. I guess it's normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my little one is one and still sweats alot,and we keep it pretty cool in our home,she sleeps just in her dipar,i have to rotate her threw out the night but she still gets these rashes from it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Some people never grow out of it. I still sweat in my sleep, all of my kids do too. They are a bit worse than I am, but my guess is that it will calm down as they get older....

MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009