Where do I go from here? (attention those in the healthcare field)

I am graduating with a BS in Health Administration degree in August, however I have been unemployed since I was pregnant with my first child and in a blink of an eye it is now 4 years later. I do not have a impressive work history from before, I am young at 25, but am worried since I do not have much office experience. Can I claim some of my courses as experience in the field, or no? But for the most part....well......where do I go from here? (Starting this career with a blank is challenging and frightening)

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you claim your coursework as field experience, you will be expected to provide references, which you won't have; lying is never a good idea.
    You need to get out and network with others in your field. You need a great Linkedin profile, and strong resumes and coverletters.
    I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009