help I have a stiff neck!!?

I got a stiff neck! Top of my head hurts and the back of my head. Also around the neck. I wish this pain would stop. Help. Any ideas?

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 11:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Health

• I'm sorry I have no help, but I just wanted to say if you find something that works let me know.... please. I woke up yesterday morning and felt it start in my back, then it hit me in the left side of my neck and now it is in both sides of my neck and my upper back. It hurts so bad and is so annoying.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• take some motrin and lay down with a pillow under ur neck to give it support
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Im not the OP, but I have tried motrin, pillow...heating pad....flexall....nothing has helped this time... and with very active three year old twins a stiff and painful neck is no fun.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I took 800mg motrin and also a pain pill. I just had a baby a week ago. Iam having cold chills, and a small fever too.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 12:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• A stiff, painful neck accompanied by a headache could be a sign of a serious illness called meningitis. It comes in both bacterial and viral forms, with the bacterial form being most severe (and frequently fatal) if you have any other symptoms such as fatigue & fever, you should see your doctor without delay
    tacorat

Answer by tacorat at 3:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Because you have the fever as well I would see the Dr just to be safe. But otherwise I do get the stiff neck like that too sometimes. I have to see a chiropractor a few times to straighten it out. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon!
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 2:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I see my doc tomorrow. My fever and cold chills went away but stiff neck still hurts. I took a hot shower and its eased up some. Thanks everyone for answering my question.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 5:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• take some motrin and try to relax and schedule yourself a massage asap. Trust me it will be worth it just make sure you get someone that does trigger point. There are massage envys almost everywhere and its only $39 for your first massage.
    JHjelle827

Answer by JHjelle827 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009