Does anyone know any good potato salad recipes?

let me know if you want to share your recipe. I just hate onion, other than that I am good with anything else. =)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I just throw my stuff together. Potato's , Mircle wipe, Dill pickles, mustard, boiled egg, onion ( you could leave out ) and alittle bit of sugar. might try foodnetwork and see what kind comes up
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• so is it better to use miracle whip? what do others think
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree about the Miracle Whip. I hate regular mayo, though. I agree about the ingredients that the first poster said although I also add celery and use dill relish rather than dill pickles, but that is the same thing basically. You could also add red bell peppers to give it some color. I wouldn't add the sugar, but that's just me. I prefer more mustard than Miracle Whip - just a bit of Miracle Whip. I just add and taste until I like it. I think the potato salad with lots of mustard is southern style. Then at the end I sprinkle paprika over the top.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 12:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Sounds good..I will try it with the relish, mustard and miracle whip. also throw some veggies in. nothing to extreme.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I made some last night!
    Potatoes, miracle whip, sour cream, onion ( or scallions)- you could probably leave them out, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. It is more of a loaded baked potato type of deal... very good- my 3.5 yr old even ate it and she is uber picky!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ewww lol, sorry I don't like the mustard or anything crunchy in our potato salad....everyone in our extended family asks my mom or myself to bring the potato salad, they all agree it's the best they've ever had.

I bake about 5 or 6 large potatoes in the microwave and of course cool, peel and cut up.

3 hard boiled eggs

a small chopped up onion, but of course you can leave it out

MAYO (don't like anything else)

and our secret ingredient......1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar, it gives the mayo a perfect taste that is irresistable
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I hate anything remotely resembling mayo

French Potato Salad

2 lbs (900 g) small red potatoes
    6 Tbs (90 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
    4 Tbs (60 ml) red or white wine vinegar
    1 shallot, finely chopped
    2 Tbs (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped fresh dill, mint, thyme, or tarragon
    1 Tbs (15 ml) Dijon mustard
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
    Drain, cut into slices, and place in a mixing bowl. Whisk together
    the remaining ingredients and pour over the potatoes, tossing gently
    to combine. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature. Serves 4
    to 6.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• This one has green onion, but you could leave it out........

Texas Country Potato Salad

4 strips bacon (I always use more!)
    1 pound small red potatoes, unpeeled
    1 green onion
    1 boiled egg, chopped
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Salt and pepper
    Cook bacon until crispy. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the grease, and crumble. Set aside.
    Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water. Add a tablespoon of the bacon grease and some salt and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool and then cut into bite-size pieces.
    In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper for dressing.
    Toss potatoes, sliced green onion, and egg in dressing. Top withbacon. Serve chilled.

I always use extra bacon. I mix some right into the salad and use the rest to top it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• go to food network.com and type in Texas Country Potato Salad. It is basically just red potatos, bacon, a little mayo and Dijon with salt and pepper and hardboiled egg. I usually use a mix of red, yukon gold and purple if you can find them. It looks so pretty fro 4th of July.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009