How much should my 9 month old daughter eat?

On a average day she will take 3 bottles and two jars of second foods this is how i feed her in the morning i feed her a 8 ounce bottle with rice cereal and then a full jar of 2nd food fruit then in the after noon she will take another 8 ounce bottle then for dinner she will eat another 8 ounce with rice cereal and a 2nd food jar of veggies, Am I feeding her enough?she 9 months old and she is really tall and she weighs 18 pounds

ashes2330

Asked by ashes2330 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed her more if she seems to still be unsatisfied after eating. My son is 6 months old and had 3 7oz bottles with either a whole banana mashed up with oatmeal cereal or a pear, or sweet potatoes with carrots and oatmeal.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh and to clarify, he has his food each time he has his bottle so like a mashed up banana, then his bottle. Then a pear and bottle for lunch, sweet potatoes and carrots with bottle for dinner. I have a big boy though, he's very long and weighs about 17lbs
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• feed him until he's full
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 12:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Feed her until she indicates she is full. It's as simple as that. She'll refuse to open her mouth, she'll turn her head, she may cry... different babies have different signals. Learn hers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Our nine month old weighs 18 lbs and she eats 6 oz w/rice cereal to thicken at about 5am, 10am, 4pm, & 8pm. For breakfast she eats about the size of one of those stage 2 containers heaping of oatmeal or mixed whole grain cereal, at the 4 pm bottle she will eat 2 of the 2nd foods containers of vegetables or the equivalent if I've had time to make her vegetables that day, and when we sit down to dinner she sits at the table with us and we give her tidbits of things she can eat and she usually always has some Cherrios in front of her through the day at some point. I think the dog probably eats more of those than she does! I give her water in her sippy cup so she has something anytime to drink and I use fruit juice split 50/50 with water to mix her morning cereal. I feed her fruit much at all and I don't give her juice to drink in her bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• sounds like my son. hes only 2 months but he eats 6-7 oz every 2-3 hours!!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My almost 10 month old is 26 pounds - yet she isn't overweight (very tall). She is very vocal about her food already, lol. So she tells me when she is hungry and when she is full - I agree with watching for cues, and when you go for your regular pedi visits they should tell you how she is doing.
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 1:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2009