what do you think of the body worlds exhibitions?

i heard about it a few years ago and couldn't believe it was real. then i came across it again online and took the initiative and looked into it some more. i've never been to it myself. i think i'd be too afraid to go. but i was wondering what everyone else thought about it.

btw, in case anyone wasn't familiar with it, the body worlds exhibits real human bodies for educational purposes that have been preserved by plastination.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought they were kind of cool coming from a medical standpoint. The only part that I had a hard time with was the pregnant women with baby still in utero and the babies in all forms of development. I was pregnant with my daughter when I saw the exhibit in Chicago. My older daughter called them "The People Without Skin"
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I've never been to one of the exhibits, but would love to go. If they are ever in our area, I'm there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• sounds like it might be kind of neat
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 12:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i'm a nursing student so i've been told it's a great learning opportunity. however, the thought of how these "anatomical models" were created just sounds/ looks like butchery to me. i don't have the stomach or mental capacity to take all that in.. i want to go, but i get nightmares too easily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I went to the exhibit in at the museum in Saint Louis, it was really neat.
    I couldn't deal with the babies in developement part either, and neither could any of the other girls that went (It was an Alt Ed feild trip and most of the girls had kids.)

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 6:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009