does this ever happen to you? or do you do it?

do you ever let anyone borrow something and they make it their own? or do you keep stuff that belongs to other people bc you just dont wanna give it back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• not intentionally, but it has happened
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• People have borrowed my stuff and never returned it. I've NEVER borrowed something of somebody else's and not returned it, probably because I know how it feels.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If i lend something to someone and they dont give it back, i dont say anything about it (unless it was important or expensive) but i will not let the borrow anything again.
    I have unintentionally borrowed something from a friend and not given it back. ...mostly due to circumstances though.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You wouldn't believe how many times I've had people take my shit and try to say it's theres and it's one of my biggest freakin pet peeves lol just reading it makes me want to Tweak! Now I'm very hesitant when it comes to lending my stuff out, like honestly if you want it that bad, buy it.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have done it, but not on purpose. My friend borrowed my 3 room tent and my tredmill and hasn't given them back. It's been a year and she chaned her phone number. To be honest though I havn't made a real effort to go get them.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It doesn't happen, I don't let people borrow my stuff. I don't really borrow other people's stuff either, but if I do, I always give it back.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Its the simple things that annoy me, like a pen that i let someone borrow when I'm at work and stuff like that. I return stuff when I borrow it !
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i did that with my moms cutting board..ive always loved that thing, and i "borrowed" it one day..and its been 6 months and i still have it..lol, i dont plan on giving it back!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yeah, lol, actually I have that BAD habit when it comes to having a party or something where people bring a dish and I wash it and put it away and always try to remember to give it back and I forgot. I have my friends bowl in my trunk and I think it has been there for 8 months! I am also the type of person that forgets that I loaned something. When they give it back to me I look at them like, why are you giving me this.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have never had anyone take my stuff and claim it as theirs. All my friends are the same friends I have had since elementary and middle school (we're all now 40), so we are like family. We have all had friends in between, and I think one of my other best friends had someone do that to her, but it only happened once. I wonder if it has to do with the sort of people you're hanging around with - and what sort of upbringing they had. If they had an upbringing where money was tight, I can see how that might turn someone into a person who would take and claim someone else's property, but if it's someone who never had to worry about where the next meal, or birthday present was going to come from, it's possible, but less likely, that they would steal/claim something as their own from a friend.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009