How do I keep the nesting instinct??

Okay so I've officially started nesting and am LOVING having everything all clean and organized!! My room looks how I always hoped it would!! Do you hold on to this after you have the baby?? How can I make sure I do? I could see things looking even better when I'm not carrying an extra X amount of pounds.

DanieVee

Asked by DanieVee at 12:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ;) oh honey... you'll then have a newborn and it all goes to sh*t!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Agreed!!!!! LOL
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well kind of...some things become more important than others...like i think you stay crazy about the baby stuff for quite sometime, but cleaning every speck of the woodwork kinda wears off. lol. but i think alot of it sticks with you. good luck with your baby! i ve become a clean dish freak for life! lol.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm with Brody^^^^ on this one, most of it wears off, you may pick one thing or two to be picky about (mines the tub, clean it everyday!! LOL).And the baby stuff, i'm STILL crazy about, probably forever for me. It goes back to, ohhh mine used to fit in this, and ohhh this too....little stuff is sooo damn cute. If you do figure out how to keep the nesting thing going let me know please??? LOL. & congrats!!
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm with ablesmama - in the beginning, you'll be too tired to do anything around the house. I suggest that if you have anyone coming to help you those first few weeks,that you put them to work around the house - give them some baby time so you can sleep, but when you're with the baby, have them straighten up a bit. You'll eventually get back into the groove, but for me, the nesting never came back.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009