Anyone Else Having Problems Aftering Downloading Internet Explorer 8?

I have been having problems with my Internet Explorer for several days. I kept getting error messages, but just worked around it. A post in one of my groups, was dealing with problems on this site & someone replied that she got IE8 & that it helped her a great deal, so thought I would try it.

I uploaded it the early part of this evening & looked promising when I went to a couple sites & didn't get that error message. But then I went to log into my training site, couldn't & thought it was my key board. Then realized I can type on any site or use email!

Any suggestions on what I can do?

christianmom55

Asked by christianmom55 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• You can try deleting your temporary files, history and cookies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• if you have not already done so go to the group Computer Moms Computer Heaven. Pink Soda Pop will tell you what to do to fix it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The problem I have with Explorer 8 is that Adobe Flash has not yet caught up with it yet, so the newer version of Explorer is not compatible with the free version of Flash player - How I resolved my problem was by using the other internet browser likely loaded on your computer called Mozilla Firefox. Here is a link to their browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html I use both explorer and Firefox - I alternate back and forth depending on what I'm doing. Mostly I use Explorer, but when I run into a problem, I open a Firefox window and copy what ever link I'm in, into the Firefox browser window and finish what I'm doing from there.

Yes, switching back and forth is a hassle, but you get used to it, and Adobe Flash Player will update their software soon enough.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Thank you for all your answers. I may use the Computer Heaven website & texassahm's info. in the future, but I got it working. After IE8 was downloaded, it set itself (or was done by us in error) to a Custom setting. I found it out when I turned my computer on this morning & it mentioned there was a new program. I reset the Custom to Microsoft & now it's working wonderfully.

I chose the 1st anonymous person as the best answer, because it is so important to do that on a regular basis, which I hadn't been, but will now!
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009