Soon to be dad attitude??????????

Well, I asked this question before but let me add more details. My husband and I are pregnant and I just assumed he would be more snuggly with me ( i wish he was) but , it seems that the closer the baby due date is the further away he gets. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO? IM STARTING TO DOUBT HIS LOVE FOR ME BECAUSE OF THIS. It been about 2-3 weeks of him acting strange. He does'nt kiss me passionately anymore, hugs me, snuggles, makes love or anything cute anymore, HELP HELP WHAT IS GOING ON?

sailormoonjen85

Asked by sailormoonjen85 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Nerves!!! Thats all it is...his thoughts are preoccupied by this new responsibility coming!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Maybe he is just apprehensive about the baby and he is having a hard time focusing on anything else right now. Try to change the mood a little, get him to talk about things he enjoys and see if you can get him more involved and snuggly from there. If it works and he is snuggled up watching a movie with you, say something like "I have missed these moments so much, thank you! I love this time with you!" I doubt it is anything against you at all darling, he is more than likely feeling overwhelmed and not coping with it very well. Men act tough, but really, they are just as nervous and worried as we are most of the time
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• maybe its just getting really close so its really setting in right now. he may just be nervous
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• it happens. Men sometimes aren't in to the later stages of pregnancy. They fear they might hurt you or the baby and they pull away. He'll be back snuggling after the baby is born.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• HE LOVES YOU! I THINK HE'S JUST SCARED. THAT ALL. THE CLOSER YOUR DUE DATE COMES THE MORE REALITY HITS
    nisi48

Answer by nisi48 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• THANKS GUYS! I hope you guys are right because the way he is acting ( will pull away from kisses, hugs, or anything romantic) has made me think that he just doesnt love me anymore or he is cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE have been through so much together ups and down s downs and more downs so I guess it has just made me paranoid! but I think he is giving me reasons to be paranoid. Im not paranoid on my own without reasons, he is giving me reasons that make me dowbt his love from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. For example: when I was 4 months pregnant he was sleeping and I told him Im going to wash the car, while outside he appeared and said I cant let my baby wash the car in the state you are " it made me feel special". Second, now Im 7 months pregnant and while he was sleeping I told him Im going to wash my car, I washed and washed but husband outside to help me. I came inside exhausted and he was awake
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• He may not even realize that you felt that way, and if you didn't directly ask him for help he probably figured that you wanted to do it on your own. If you really want help, sometimes you just need to ask so he knows what you are expecting him to do. Also, if you choose not to discuss the way that you have been feeling with him, he may never know and there is no way for him to try to make you feel better about things. You need to communicate to him what bothers you and what hurts your feelings, but try to do it in a way that he does not take offense to or feel attacked. Stay calm and try your best not to be accusatory degrading in any way. If he really was unhappy he could leave, but I honestly believe he would have already if that was the case. Talking about it won't be easy, or pleasant necessarily, but I think it is the first step to get you both on track with each other again. GL
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 5:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• THANKS AGAIN GUYS! I finally talked to him yesterday and it didnt go so well. He felt accused eventhough I never screamed or raised my voice or even said anything derrogatory. He said I just like to pick fights and he cant take it anymore, that he feels like running and never looking back. I told him very nicely how he was hurting my feelings and he had no reaction. guys I really think he is going to leave,He wont touch me anymore, he hasnt made love to me in a very long time3-4 weeks) he always has an excuse like Im tired from work, im sick--dont want to make you sick, or he is not in the mood. He says eventhough he is my husband that he doesnt have to explain himself to me! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? He doesnt have to ask for permission but at least include me in decisions. He says he has no friends and no one to confide in him and I said he has me. That the baby and me will be by his side always, he seemed to care less
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• SORRY I HAD TO ADD MORE OF WHAT HE SAID IM GOING CRAZY. He said that Im nagging him too much about how I feel and that all I want to do is drive him nuts!! He says that no matter what he wont hurt our baby's feelings but he did not include me in that sentence! He broke up with me last year in July but asked me to forgive him around December on our anniversary----He professed love for me and all that , hte moment he found out I was pregnant he was so excited but now its like he cant to look happy or be happy and like I said before its been going on for like a month or less. its a sudden change! has anyone been through this? If he leaves again I cant forgive him for this, not this time, I will file for divorce and keep my daugther so he wont break her heart too.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009