Are you allergic to anything weird?

I'm allergic to aloe. Yes, the most hypo-allergenic stuff on earth, and I'm allergic to it. If I try to put anything with aloe in it on a cut or sunburn, it feels like I have had gasoline poured over me and set on fire.

I also lied for decades about being allergic to mushrooms so I wouldn't have to eat them. And a few years ago, I was chopping some for my kids' veggie loaf without even thinking about that, and out of nowhere I started itching like crazy when I was about halfway done with them. I call it my "self-fulfilling mushroom allergy." :O)

roachiesmom

Asked by roachiesmom at 1:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's funny about the mushroom thing. I don't think I'm allergic to anything odd...just penicillin and bees, although the bee allergy has never been confirmed but the last time I was stung my leg swelled up so bad I couldn't bend my knee at all and was in a lot of pain.
    My son is so allergic to cats that spending just a minute near a cat (or a couple of minutes in a room that a cat was once in) causes his face to swell up, his eyes to get completely bloodshot and start to swell shut and hives break out all over his face. It's freaky to watch. A couple weeks ago we brought an old box up from the basement and he played in it. 5 minutes later he had hives all over his face and his eyes were red. We used to have cats when he was a baby but got rid of them 6 years ago (when he was 1). There must have been some fur left over in the box.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• turkey... my throat swells shut
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• amoxicillin and pistachios

Darn that pistachio allergy-I hear they are delicious.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Nair. lol horribly! i get hives all over
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Baby oil. It breaks me out bad! lol. And every time I'm around glitter I end up with an eye infection. How weird is that!!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i dont know if its really all that wierd, but im allergic to latex.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• pistachios are amazing you're missing out! i'm allergic to farts.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Fish/Shellfish cooked with lemon, like ceviche or mexican style shrimp cocktail. If it is boiled, baked, cooked any way I can eat it but otherwise I get hives on my face and chest.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• oh and avocado.. i still eat it .. stupidly.. but my throat gets really itchy and my lips get kinda puffy.. i know.. its dumb... but i LOVE guacamole
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am allergic to milkweed.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2009