Do you think bottled water is a waste of money? Thinking of buying a Brita filter & save my $$

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We buy cases (4 boxes) of Kirkland water. I gave in and bought the Brita this past week. It doesn't taste the same, but I"m a SAHM and I"m trying to find ways to cut costs and less waste.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I use a Pur system and I do find it saves money. I can tell the difference between the Pur filtered water and tap water. I have a Nalgene bottle that I fill.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• To buy bottled water for a household on a regualr basis yes is a waste of money. We invested in a refrigerator with a filtered water dispenser. Britas and Pur filters work just as well too and save lots of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• What does EVIAN( a brand name of bottled water) spell backwards? There lies the answer to this question.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I waste of money and horrible for the environment.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It's bad for the environment and a waste of money. I use the Pur Filter Pitchers. I actually have 2 b/c we drink so much water, and we have to drink it ice cold. It's much better for the environment and WAAAAYYYY cheaper. $17 for a pitcher, $20 for a box of 3 filters, filters get changed every 3-4 months. So, even including the pitcher, I spend $40 a yr on my water. Buying bottled water, I could spend that much in just a couple of months.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• it is also bad for you! most plastic bottles leak chemicals into their contents. some of these are known to cause cancer. get a filter and also get yourself a bpa free bottle to take with you on he go. you really do save money in the end too!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2009