advice needed?

my cat had abscess about 3 months ago and now i think he has another one, i found a small wound on his check and i pulled off the scab and i got all the pus out until there was only blood coming out and after that the hole closed up and the lump is still there. i dont have another $500 to fork out so i need to know if anyone knows any home remdies i can do at home?

lilcalimom02

Asked by lilcalimom02 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pets

• if u cant afford a vet visit then try perioxcide and triple antiboitic ointment this is what we used at the lab when cats woulds get rub sores on their neck..keep him inside intill it heals completly...some vets will give u meds without seeing the animal...i think its more lg animal vets then small animal vet...if u can find one who will do this try to get clavamox or penicillian
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, an abcess is an infection, and the risk you run is a systemic infection that could lead to sepsis. You can try to keep a warm compress and let it seep out, but you may have to bite the bullet and get him checked out. Explain to your vet that you're simply not in a position to pay up front-- most will set up a payment schedule.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Aloe Vera, peel the outer layer off and tape it to the wound. I did this to a cat I had years ago and within 2 days the skin was a nice healthy pink.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You could hold him down (or wrap him in a towel) and use peroxide to bubble out the infection then fill it good with Neosporin... same thing happened to my mom's cat and that's what I did.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• That's so sad.. The poor cat needs medical attention from a licensed vet who can say exactly what it is and where it is coming from and properly treat it. Most vets will set up a payment plan so you should really see about that.
    Anonymous

• I agree, the cat neds to be seen by a vet!
    Anonymous

• A lot of vet are not setting up payment plans any more, but there are some that will tell you what medicine you can use. Depending where you live a vet may sell the antibotic to you with out seeing the animal or you can buy different medicines at a farm type store ie.. Farm and Fleet or Rural King.
    Anonymous