i have no time for myself....

I absolutely love spending time with my daughter i have her every day and love it! shes the love of my life. However, i have zero time to do anything formyself... even the littlest thing as getting myself dressed nicely for the day. I just don't feel up for it. I get good rest, she sleeps through the night i just dont feel like i need to anymore.
I would like to do my make up do my hair look nice... but i just dont have the drive to do it anymore.

I feel like im completely going downhill, its not just my looks on the outside, inside i just feel ... BLAH now.. and not upbeat and usual perky self...

is that normal?
and how can i just get myself to do this everyday so i feel better about myself??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some people get that way after kids I have been told about it a lot being how though im pregnant now. but i am like that now that i am pregnant cuz i just dont feel it necessary to be all dressed up, mostly cuz i have no clothes that i like and am able to fit correctly so im not really into it. but maybe a day alone will do the trick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The other day a friend of mine text me and asked "what are you doing"... I said "remembering the days when I went pee without an audience".... I feel the same way. I love my kids more than life. Im always with them to. I have no energy to do my makeup nor time it seems. As soon as my makeup bag comes out, my daughter is in it taking everything out. If I get a shower the kids are in there, one using the bathroom, one wanting to get a bath, etc. Id love to just be able to blow dry my hair and actually look and feel like I used to. I try to explain to my husband why I cant be like I used to, maybe because I dont feel like I used to? It's hard to explain to him but I know what I mean lol. You arent alone my friend! I have to wait til 2am usually when I know the kids are out for the night, but by then my husband is at work and I have nowhere to go lol.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 2:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• http://resources.rbc.org/odb/pda/
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• im with ya..i just could care less..i never wear makeup anymore, i never do my hair, its always pulled back in a messy bun, nice clothes?? i dont even know what those look like anymore!! whats the point?? theyre just gona get dirty lil handprints on them..lol..and peeing in private?? wow!! i wish!! i find myself saying to my daughter everyday "cant you just let me pee in private??"
    she could be sitting on the couch watching tv, and i could be doing dishes or something, but as soon as i enter that bathroom, ohh there she is!!! guess thats motherhood for ya!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ditto all of the above answers. :sigh: Not only because I have a kid but just because I think depression plays a part in it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• ya, i know what you mean... Her daddy is deployed and I'm SO thankful I at least have her. I never shower by myself but she likes to help my shampoo my hair becuase I do hers and help wash me.... when it comes to getting dressed she picks out my shoes and clothes and likes me in high heels so I dress up on occasion. i used to feel like you do and not see the point but lately i've been getting so many comments on how pretty she is that I wanna be just as pretty! When we do makeup (yes we) i give her some eye shadow and lip gloss and it keeps her entertained. Brushing my teeth involves her help. But it's just knowing the end result and the way you feel that allows me to do it every other day (it's a 4 hour process!!!). she's 19 mo btw
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• OMG i know exactly how u feel....i was trying to find something to wear to Walmart and all ifound were a bunch of sweat pants....its like 75 degrees i am NOT wearing those LOL....so i found a pair of shorts i cant remember the last time my hair was done....by thetime i go to bed at night one child is usually awake which means they will be sleeping with me so i CAN sleep....and then i still have hoemwork,and houseworl....so i get max of 4hrs of sleep if i amm lucky
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2009