I have said this in the past but im soo disgusted

In my opinion once you become a mom your party days should be limited. I see people on here with kids that are posting daily on myspace and whatnot about how they are going to party here and there and are hungover and blah blah blah. There is a 25 yr old woman who litterealy does it DAILY! Going out like maybe one day a weekend or like 2x a weeks is totally fine. but everyday? seriously? grow some responsibility. who agrees? (thanks for letting me vent lol)

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 2:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i understand....i dont get that either but ive never been a partier and so i'll probably never get it.

i dont have that desire maybe they just have nothing to do other than that, who knows
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree. Partying is for before and after childhood. I can go out when DD goes to college. But they're only young once.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree 100%! I am 20 and I've never "partied" b/c I was a teen when my son was born and he is far more important than drinking and such.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Parties were never my scene, but even so, I still feel like once you are a mother your child is your #1 priority. Period. Parties can be a nice release, but they shouldn't be the reason you're stressed (like when you can't take care of your kids or go to work or school because you're hung over or running late, blah blah blah)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree... my sister is due any day and still hasnt stopped partying! And all I hear is "I cant wait to have this kid so I can get back to the bar". I never partied before I had my children, I hung out with friends and occasionally went to hear a few local bands but was never big on going out every weekend let alone every day. But that's her biggest complaint! I feel so sorry for my niece, I cant imagine what her life is going to be like. It's bad enough my sister doesnt work, the father isnt in the picture, my sister lives at home still with my mother and our mothers bf both of whom dont work. My heart only breaks for the new life about to be brought into the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I know that this is going to upset some people, but it is often moms who had children too early and missed out on their high school/college partying days. And for some, it is that desire not to get old. They feel that as long as they continue to act young they will stay young.

I did my partying thing when I was young. Before I started a family and I have no desire to party now. My best friend doesn't understand why I don't come to her parties. It is because I don't want my daughter to grow up watching me drink and watching other people get drunk.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• this girl just makes me sad for her son.
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 3:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree! You're a mom now and your child needs to know you're there! Partying and getting hungover and such is not a healthy way for a child to grow up IMO. When my hubby deployed there were a few moms that were like that and I couldn't see how they did it. I don't drink now because I'm the ONLY person here if something happens!!! I do understand the depression part as far as these moms but every night no matter how depressed you are is not the thing to do with a child. It also makes depression so much worse... but I will say when he comes home, we will have a drink or two a week, i don't see a problem with drinking but using it as a release and then snapping at your kids when you're hungover is not the way to go. I've seen it.... and it's just a downhill spiral
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i just turned 21 and i dont ever "party" am i away from my 4 month old dd often though? yes. all because i go to school 12 hours a day so i can give her a good life. but i graduate in sept so its ok
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 3:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2009