Question to christians.

Do you believe in dinosaurs? Why and why not?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes that is what i get out of Genesis 1:24–31
    24 And God said, Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind. And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• of course!! there are fossils to proove that they existed..they had to be on noahs ark..2 of every kind..so ya i think they did...animals these days are going extinct..so what stopped them amny many years ago????????
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• yep, their bones tell their story (but I've heard someone once say that it's a trick of Satan to get people to believe in evolution...really!!!) by that way the earth is also 4.5 Billion years old so there was plenty of time for them to be here and then die off..... see we don't know how long a creative day was, it is a term that can mean more then 24 hours "just as in my fathers day" means more then 24 hours it meant an unspecified amount of time...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 27So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God

he created him;

male and female

he created them.

28God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.

29 Then God said, I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground— everything that has the breath of life in it— I give every green plant for food. And it was so.
    31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning— the sixth day.

hinson7169

• How can I not believe in dinosaurs? Have you seen my hubby?
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes I believe in dinosuars. I don't believe they existed 65 million years ago though. There are a lot of faults with carbon dating and I think they're much more recent than most want to believe.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have no reason not to believe in dinosaurs...there's scientific evidence they were here, and nothing in the bible contradicts that. Not all Christians think that science is bunk.

WAganma56: "How can I not believe in dinosaurs? Have you seen my hubby?"

hahahaha! lol. I've said that my DH is proof there are still cavemen running around!

AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't have to "believe in" dinosaurs I understand the scientific evidence indicating their existance millions of years ago. God gave us the ability to reason and the tools of science along with faith - as long as they're used correctly they won't contradict reach other.

ReneeK3 - There are a lot of faults with carbon dating and I think they're much more recent than most want to believe.

Radiometic dating is quite accurate when done correctly.  You may want to read "Radiometric Dating: A Christian Perspective".

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I believe so. I don't believe that the earth was created in a literal seven days (why would we assume God, Who is infinite and timeless, is confined to our way of measuring time, or to that His aspect of time is the exact same as it is in the universe He created? When we make video games a day isn't a literal day, the timing is much quicker.), which could leave more than enough time for the dinosaurs' existence, and even allow for the possibility of evolution.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• as i child i was taught that they werent real, but Satan's attempt to draw ppl away from God (this was a Sunday school teacher, not my parents). i actually believed it until i was about 12.

that being said, yes i do believe in dinosaurs. there are even mention of dino-like creatures in the Bible. God doesn't conform to our time, so its possible that everything science discovers is in God's timeline too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009