My husband has been being real distant and not talking to me much this pass week

i have attempted to talk with him but he wont meet me half way with communication. Well today i asked him was he happy with me and he says Honestly he is not happy. It hurted me so bad and i really dont know what to do now. Is it over? Should i leave for a while and give him his space? Jus want a little advice or if anyone has been in my shoes what did u do? On top of all this im pregnant and really dont need the stress. Im really need to pray. Advice is appreciated thanks!

briasmommie

Asked by briasmommie at 2:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• did you ask him what it is exactly that he is not happy about?? I mean is it something you can work on or you && he can work on together?? Just because he is unhappy doesn't mean that your relationship is doomed, unless one or both of you are not willing to work on it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• To be honest with you, I would give him his space and if he wants to talk let him come to you. I have been in the same situation as you with my hubby and I've just given him his space.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well im pregnant too and me and my DF have had some days like this and i always just go up to hima nd give him a hug and remind him that i love him. because as hard as it is for me I know it is really hard for him so i just reassure him.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• but then i would give him his space after doing that so he could think about if his dull attitude toward me was necessary
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Im willing to do whatever it takes to fix our situation...I jus really need to talk with him. But i cant make him talk to me. I guess ima have to wait for him to come around?
    briasmommie

Answer by briasmommie at 3:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my hubby is deployed and when he says he's unhappy at least I know I got an honest answer. I try to figure out what I'm doing that made him unhappy and it's usually that he feels I didn't listen to what he said. When I give my hubby his space it makes it worse... i think it really depends on your husband and personally I would ask what exactly is it that makes him unhappy. GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• No one is happy all the time. This is why we make vows and pledges..."for better for worse, in sickness and health" ...If everyone was 100% in their marriage or other relationships we wouldn't need to make promises. What you need to decide is if this is an ongoing thing or a phase. One week is not so long. In a very long relationship you can expect this to happen many times. It generally cycles back to happy times. Just talk and see if you can work it out. Take him seriously and really listen to what he is saying and he may open up. Communication makes the bond even stronger. Try not to take it too personally as it is normal to feel dissatisfied sometimes. Especially during times of high stress or major life changes - like a pregnancy. People panic when they feel trapped or like there is no going back. Haven't you felt that way sometimes?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I must agree with the other poster no one is happy all of the time Give him some space tell him u love him with all your heart give him some time however , Ask him calmley if its you or what my husabnd does that at times and it turns out to be bills and things were struggleing bad right now and my hubby even cheated and now all he does is cry and begs me not to leave himHe tells me how much he loes me even sometimes every hour on the hour on days and sometimes I feel like yeah right its out of guilt or he goes without touching me .My mind races a million miles a minute . It could be the financial sitiuation and the stress of a new baby hang in there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree with Flymom07.

If he doesn't want to talk to you, tell him you love him, and that whatever it is, you'll be there when he's ready to talk. But be clear that you WILL need to talk about it at some point.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• do you know why he's like this? did you ask him? tell him you need to knowe , and that you need an answer right now . and if you feel he does need space for a while then it's better to give it to him . before things get really bad. But if it's something you two can fix work to fix it really hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2009