A Question for Mom's Whose Child is Affected By Autism

Well actually I have two. I am curious about a couple things. I'm sure that someone will come along and turn this question into something it's not and for that I apologize, though I really do hope that our fellow moms will remain polite. Thank you.

#1. Did you exclusively breastfeed? If you child had even one bottle of formula then the answer would be no.

#2. Did your child get any immunizations? I keep hearing that immunizations do not cause autism, but I have never heard of a child who wasn't immunized having autism.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Health

• I was mostly bottle feed and got all my immunizations and I am autistic.

My son was mostly breastfeed and has gotten most of his immunizations and is autistic.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son was exclusively breastfed til 15 months...at 6 months I had surgery and we tried to give a bottle...he refused to take it and didn't eat for 2 days...til I was able to nurse again.

He has had all his vaccines except for Prevnar (meningitis vax-he was allergic).
    He's diagnosed with Asperger's.
    -------------------------------------------
    Daughter was bottle fed...I couldn't produce with her. She was vaccinated on normal schedule until 2nd set of shots, then she had problems after the shots...she stopped eating and was hospitalized so we began with 1 shot a visit until she caught up....No autism with her.
    --------------------------------------------
    My nephew was breastfed til 2 months then placed on bottle supplements b/c sis in law couldn't produce enough.
    He was vaccinated on schedule with all vaccines and he has been diagnosed with Autism.
    This thread sounds interesting!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I'm not autistic and my children are not, but my mother is and my brother has Aspberger's. As far as I know both were bottle-fed and vax'd. I also have a cousin (my mom's brother's daughter) who is VERY low-functioning autistic.

HOWEVER, my MIL works with autistic, Aspberger's and Downs. She used to work at a middle school and now works at a group home for adults. She, of course, knows a lot about these different disorders (is that the right term?) and she doesn't believe that it has anything to do with vax like most people are led to believe (look at how many people are vax'd that aren't autistic). She believes that it is genetic. Given my family, I believe that too. There is also some kind of craze with a couple parents of autistic children of a gluten-free diet that is deemed helpful to the condition. It's not.

Hope I didn't stray too much from what you were asking! :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• This is OP. Thank you so much for your answers. I will leave this question open for awhile, I am hoping for as many answers as possible.

I will say that I don't believe a single vaccine causes autism any more than a single cookie causes diabetes or a steak causes heart disease. I do think that the accumulation of the poisons in vaccines contribute to autism, along with the numerous amounts of toxins that can be found in shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotions, including sunscreen, food, especially meats and seafood. The list goes on; it is unbelievable. But in my opinion, and that is all it is an opinion as I am not a scientist, I do believe that immunizations contribute to autism the most. Much like cookies will contribute towards diabetes more than fruit will.

I also wonder if some people have a genetic marker; are more susceptible to autism and if vaccines can push them over the edge. I hope they find out soon.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I BFed exclusively for a couple of months but had so much trouble keeping my blood sugar up that I had to quit. He has had all his shots but was showing signs even before them. He also has a cerebellar defect (Chiari), which I think is to blame for most of his autism-related issues. (Oh...and yes, there are unvax'ed autistic kids.)

LIZARD :)
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009