don't want her to end up like me

her boyfriend has more girlfriends than boys many of them her friends. They call and IM him with their problems His bestfriends girl has been calling him late at night for help with problems and he has visited her several times a week(1hr drive) I believe he "helping "her way more than daughter thinks. I guess my question is how do I get her self esteam up so she doesn't feel she has to put up with this . I went along with things with my now husband and was sorry I looked past it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• She needs to see for herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If its your daughter first boyfriend, she'll most likely realize what he's actually doing, or he'll ending breaking up with her for some other girl. I know when i was a teen and dating i had a low self esteem issue myself. If you try to get her to see what he's doing, she's most likely just think your trying to break them up. How i got my self esteem up was when i joined sports. I didn't have many friends, and was very anti-social until i got into sports, then i begain to open up, and it built myself esteem. If shes not very athletic, maybe tryin getting her to join a club, or something. Maybe take her to get glamour shots (the pictures come out awsome and can make your her she how beautiful she is). If theres something she enjoys doing, try finding out if you town hows a place where kids her age hang out and do the same kind of activities.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• When I was her age, the majority of my friends were guys and I wasn't anything more than friends with them. I found that you can tell guys things and they don't blab it to everyone else. They give a different prespective to things that I thought were problems when they were really nothing. He could be doing NOTHING wrong with these friends, you are making a huge assumption on your past experiences. You cannot make her see things that may not be there. She has to see things for herself and make her own decisions. If you force things or make a big deal out of something that may not even be happening, she is going to be angry at you and lose trust in you. Are you willing to have that happen when you have no proof of anything? Males and females can be friends and nothing more. Some of my best friends were guys.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2009