Does the birth control pills work as soon as u start them???

Mrs.Scream

Asked by Mrs.Scream at 6:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually have to wait like two weeks, but every pill is different you should ask your Dr. or pharmasist
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It take about two weeks you can ask your doctor if there's a pill out there that does work right away if not there's condoms.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• no you have to wait a while. ask your dr about it . the ones im on i had towait 3 weeks , some you have to wait a month .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I've always been advised to wait 30 days for them to be in full effect.
    lady_kira

Answer by lady_kira at 6:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• No--I'd wait until you've been taking them for one full cycle before you start relying on them.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 9:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Thanks!!! My niece has been taking them for a week and she asked me and I had no clue......lol Looks like I might have to go buy her the plan b pill... She's nineteen and u think she would know these things.... I'm fixed so I had no clue....lol
    Mrs.Scream

Answer by Mrs.Scream at 5:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009